• CAD
  • USD
Cart (0)


News — Binder

Binder Tome

Posted by Fallon Foster on

This order's been on my docket in one way or another since June.  The client wanted a binder in the same style as the old spellbook-y toolboxes I used to make.  I'd figured I could utilize the new printer to improve on the old pattern quite a bit but, among other things, that meant doing a lot of tight-tolerance modeling.  The print bed is just shy of 11" square and since letter paper is 11" tall the binder needed to be just a bit larger than that.  So any of the structural parts needed to be printed in two parts...

Read more →


Binder, HYD

Posted by Fallon Foster on

A 1" binder that's going to hold the client's new campaign notes.  I really like how the red and black set each other off.

Read more →


D&D Binder

Posted by Fallon Foster on

I never received any specs from the client so I can only hope the binder is close to what they had in mind.  It gave me an opportunity to finally use some of the brown lining material I've been wanting to try out and I'm pretty happy with the result.  It's got a good, supple feel to it and I expect I'll be using a bunch of it going forward.

Read more →


Adapted Binder

Posted by Fallon Foster on

This started as a run-of-the-mill leather binder on a short deadline.  The client needed to receive it in NY in time to fill it full of goodies and ship it to their nephew (who's just starting to DM) in Chicago.  So you can probably imagine my ARG! when I finally finished the stitching and bolted the rings in to find that it didn't completely close.  I'd made a typo in the draft (10.75 instead of 10.25) so the backing was just a little too long.  It wasn't that large of a change but it shifted the back of the binder...

Read more →


Prototype DM Binder

Posted by Fallon Foster on

Since the previous DM Binder I've been meaning to prototype a slimmer version to stock in the store.  When a hiccup in my supply chain presented a couple day's pause in my work load I zipped at the chance to crank out that prototype.  My wife will be using this prototype for her upcoming campaign starting later this summer. To make it more cost effective I used a material I haven't used very often before: deertan cowhide.  As the name suggests it's straight up cowhide but it's been tanned using the same process normally used for deerskins.  The result is pretty...

Read more →