About 2.5 years ago I made a trio of guitar straps for a friend's family, the first of which was a laminated strap based off the album art for Rush's Clockwork Angel. This client must've liked how that one turned out because they requested nearly the same design, just in tan rather than red.
I've picked up a few tricks since early 2015 and my materials have definitely improved. I used to use a glazed pigskin to line the guitar straps but this time around I used a piece of goatskin. Goats aren't that big but by taking a cut down the spine of the hide I was able to get a piece just large enough to work for the lining. It's very supple, almost deerskin-esque, and it won't slide as much as the pigskin. It does make the edging a bit tricky but with the proper glue, a lot of burnishing, and some kote I think it's all worked out pretty well.