This started as a commission for the client's partner; a nice birthday buckle. After drawing up the celtic knot everything seemed to be going pretty well. It wasn't until after I'd finished staining, sealing, and conditioning the belt that I realized I'd stained it the wrong color. The client had requested "wine" and I'd somehow gotten it in my head while I was carving that it was meant to be saddle tan.
An unfortunate mistake on my time that caused an unnecessary delay but I turned around made another belt to the correct specs that's just gone out this morning. I don't get to use the wine mix very often so it's interesting to see how it develops while curing. It goes on as a dark-medium brown and turns into more of a pinkish mahogany once it's fully developed.